Mt. Vernon/ Arlington Cemetery Tour (VA)
Departure 8:00 a.m. from Gray Line Terminal at Union Station (bus level).
Spend the morning at Mount Vernon – George Washington's home, gardens, and farm. Visit the quaint seaport town of Old Town Alexandria to see some of the most amazing historic sites in Virginia. Step off the coach and visit Christ Church, attended by George Washington and Robert E. Lee. Also see Historic 17th and 18th Century Homes. Board Arlington National Cemetery's lectured tram to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and view the unforgettable Changing of the Guard ceremony. Witness the eternal flame that lights up the Kennedy Gravesite.
Stop for a photo opportunity at Iwo Jima Memorial, Pentagon Memorial, and Air Force Memorial. Also you will see Fort Washington, U.S. Capitol, Japanese/American Memorial, Bell Tower/the statue of Robert Taft, Mellon Fountain, East and West Wing of the National Gallery of Art, the National Archives, Jefferson Memorial, and the sixth largest River in the United States - the Potomac River.
Enjoy lunch on your own at Mount Vernon.
- Optional Gratuities
- Tours are not Available on New Year's Eve/Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas Day
- Courtesy pickups are not guaranteed they are based upon vehicle availability. Passengers should be located at the courtesy pickup point 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled vehicle arrival time. Because of schedule limitations it isn't always possible to return passengers directly to their hotels. However, passengers will be returned as close as possible to their destinations. Pick-ups begin about one hour before tours depart.
You MUST print your electronic voucher after completing the online booking process and present it at Union Station or to your driver upon pickup from your hotel. Hotel Courtesy Pick-Ups are seasonal.
- Mount Vernon
- Old Town Alexandria
- Christ Church
- Arlington National Cemetery Tram
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and Changing of Guard Ceremony
- Iwo Jima, Pentagon, Air Force, and Jefferson Memorials